If your funds are low when in Rio de Janeiro, and you want to save money by doing free things and more, watch our video presented by our editor Colm Hanratty.
Cosa accade nel nostro video Rio de JaneiroStampa
Our video for Rio de Janeiro has five extremely useful tips on how to save money there:
- 1. Enjoy the sunshine on its famous beaches
- These include Ipanema and Copacabana which are found right beside each other.
- 2. Check out Jardim Botanico
- Explore Rio’s botanic gardens which are home to over 6,000 types of plants and trees. It’s a great place to relax and tickets are inexpensive.
- 3. Explore the Tijuca Forest
- Rio´s Tijuca forest which is located in the city centre is the largest urban forest in the world. Admission is free, and here you can go on hiking trails, admire waterfalls and much more
- 4. Take the 'Bonde' tram to Santa Teresa
- This tram departs from downtown Rio and crosses the Arcos de Lapa aqueduct for the historic neighbourhood Santa Teresa which is well worth exploring.
- 5. Go for a walk around Lagoa Rodrigo de Freitas
- The journey is short, meaning tickets are cheap. And the historic Santa Teresa neighbourhood you get off in is well worth exploring..
- And finally...
- Another great way to save money in Rio de Janeiro is by staying hostels, not hotels, and to book hostels there, click here.